Nuts & Seeds | Partners in Weight Loss
Nuts and seeds are now increasingly being recommended by nutritionists to be a part of a healthy diet for weight loss.
Among healthy foods, nuts and seeds are included among the superfoods that contain antioxidant levels that help keep your body healthy.
Yes, Nuts and seeds are high in fat and calories but, they can fit very well in your weight loss diet!
Read on to find out How?
Eating nuts and seeds as a snack can help you feel full for a very long time, which in turn will make sure that your hunger is managed well. So, you don’t have to stay hungry and eat less while you are on a weight loss journey, just eat a handful of nuts and seeds and get the right amount of nutrition every day!
Additionally, the high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids present in the seeds help in increasing the fat-burning metabolism in the body.
Why Eat Nuts & Seeds for Weight Loss?
Nuts and seeds require minimal preparation and can be consumed independently. They are also very good ingredients to boost the nutritional content of your meals such as salads, breakfast cereals, sandwich spreads, deserts etc.
Let’s see how the most commonly available Nuts and Seeds help in weight loss:
• Almonds: Almonds are loaded with proteins, fibers and healthy fats which helps in satiating your hunger as well as keeping you fit and healthy!
• Pistachios: A low-calorie food - are a great option to aid losing weight. It contains a good amount of dietary fibre that may ease digestion of foods, boost metabolism and induce a feeling of satiety. They also brim with proteins, which is again a weight-loss-promoting nutrient.
• Cashews: Magnesium in cashew nuts is essential for regulating the metabolism of fat and carbohydrates, which may further help you lose weight. Cashews are relatively good sources of protein, which is key to losing weight when consumed in moderation.
• Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are high in fiber, antioxidants and manganese. High fiber diets are recommended to reduce obesity. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in protein, and unsaturated fatty acids, which plays a supportive role in healthy weight loss and maintenance.
• Sunflower seeds: While calorie-dense, sunflower seeds are rich in nutrients, protein, fat and fiber, which are especially filling, making sunflower seeds an optimal choice for snacking.
• Chia seeds: Its soluble fiber absorbs large amounts of water and expands in your stomach, which should increase fullness and slow the absorption of food, and the protein in chia seeds could help reduce appetite and food intake thereby aiding weight loss.
Though there is no doubt on the weight loss benefits of nuts and seeds, any weight loss can only be achieved by combining a healthy diet with physical activity. Overall, we would recommend you to have only one handful of nuts and seeds each day as otherwise, they can cause digestive issues and may also contribute to weight gain as they are high in fats and calories!
At Go Nuts, we believe in making healthy eating a lifestyle change. Do checkout our range of tasteful nuts and seeds mixes to aid you to munch on them with ease. Nuts over seeds is our bestseller and the Maple Granola, is our vegan and gluten free mix which we promise, will be a sure hit on your palate. Order Now on www.gonuts.in.
These gluten-free bites can be snacked on worry free anytime, but they’re especially great when you need a spike in your energy levels. A delectable mix of dried blueberries, dried cranberries, dried strawberries and tart cherries, it is the ideal snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. Being high in dietary fiber, you can easily substitute it for your not-so-healthy energy bar!
Shh don’t tell anyone we told you this.
|Dietary fiber||8.85 gram|
Savour the taste of lightly salted Irani pistachios, impeccably roasted and salted to make your taste buds swoon. Keep this enjoyable snack handy as pistachios are heart friendly and come with ample health benefits. Pistachios, rich in vitamin B6, promote blood flow by assisting in carrying oxygen through the bloodstream to cells, helping in maintaining the health of lymphoid glands, such as thymus, spleen and lymph nodes.
Happy lymph glands means more white blood cells, and increased ability of the body to fight infections. Pistachios, in a nut shell give you the most bang for your buck! (Pun intended)
|Dietary fiber||2.0 gram|
Known as the “King of nuts” because of the rare and powerful antioxidants present, a few walnuts eaten everyday can give you life long benefits! Anti-inflammatory, heart healthy and effective against diabetes, there is so much more to this powerhouse of healthy goodness. Eating walnuts slows down ageing, is good for the gut and excellent for your brain health!
Add ‘em to your cakes and bakes or to your salads as a healthy, crunchy garnish. Our walnuts are sourced from the world best walnut growing areas of Chile.
|Dietary fiber||3.44 gram|
For a surprise burst of flavor, try our delicious strawberry infused dried cranberries. Add ‘em to your sandwiches, sprinkle them on your salads or use them to beautify your cakes, the possibilities are endless!
Health freaks need not worry as they are a good source of fiber and are laden with antioxidants and vitamins.
|Dietary fiber||4.81 gram|
Rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, a handful of raisins can instantly boost your energy! Our pickled variant is a twist on this naturally sweet dried fruit and is made with traditional Indian spices that are used to enhance the natural flavor.
Raisins keep your bones strong, boost your iron levels and aid in digestion, with so many health benefits. Go Nuts suggests indulging in this snack without a twinge of guilt.
|Dietary fiber||4.0 gram|
Made by partially dehydrating fresh cranberries, dried cranberries , sweet and sour naturally make for an incredibly tasty and healthy nibble. Loaded with antioxidants, these power packed, tiny bites increase your metabolism, improve your heart health and immune system.
An excellent addition to salads, cookies, muffins and breads, they can be enjoyed as a sweet and sour snack as well!
|Dietary fiber||5.1 gram|
Bored of the same ol’ roasted nuts? Go Nuts has an enticing snack for the brave hearted! Sweet and sublime, dried cranberries pickled with traditional Indian spices. Yep, this one is good for you too.
Dried cranberries are an excellent source of antioxidants and are high in dietary fiber, supporting your overall health and well being. So, munch on fearlessly!
|Dietary fiber||5.1 gram|