Reasons to Add Nuts and Dried Fruits to Your Child’s Diet at an Early Age
This year is almost at its end, and soon you will be making New Year resolutions to bring positive changes in your life. Let’s begin with small changes for your little ones, whose health is always your top priority. As a storehouse of nutrients like fiber, protein, healthy fats, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, nuts and dried fruits facilitate your child’s growth and development. From cashews to walnuts and raisins to berries, there are tons of options ensuring that your child never gets bored.
Benefits of Adding Nuts to Your Child’s Diet
- Nuts are an excellent source of protein, manganese, folate, niacin, vitamin B, vitamin E, and several essential minerals like zinc, selenium, calcium, potassium, and copper.
- Nuts are good for the heart because they contain monounsaturated fatty acids. Nuts like almonds and walnuts also offer omega-3 fats, which are incredibly beneficial for brain and memory development. In addition, they also keep the immune system strong.
- Nuts tend to make the perfect snack. Provide your child with a handful of nuts and dried fruits to boost their energy levels. As they are so effortless, you won’t require a lot of time or skill to prepare these healthy treats.
- Nuts and dried fruits are incredibly versatile, you can add them to their milkshakes, cereal, or porridge depending on their likes and dislikes.
- Dried fruits are the best for those sweet cravings. Provide healthy alternatives to the unhealthy desserts, your child will adapt to it like fish to water at least 3 out of 5 times, to begin with. However, it is essential to note that eating too many nuts can lead to heartburn and gas. As a parent or caregiver, you should introduce nuts to your child’s diet in moderation.
Supplement Your Child’s Diet with Yummy Nuts!
With Go Nuts by your side, you can shop for exquisite options in nuts and health mixes to supplement your child’s diet. From 4’O Clock Nut Munch to Mamra Almonds, you will find it all on our website.
Giving whole nuts to very young children can cause choking. You can grind them into paste in case of children below 5 years. Please consult your pediatrician before introducing nuts into your child’s diet.
Savour the taste of lightly salted Irani pistachios, impeccably roasted and salted to make your taste buds swoon. Keep this enjoyable snack handy as pistachios are heart friendly and come with ample health benefits. Pistachios, rich in vitamin B6, promote blood flow by assisting in carrying oxygen through the bloodstream to cells, helping in maintaining the health of lymphoid glands, such as thymus, spleen and lymph nodes.
Happy lymph glands means more white blood cells, and increased ability of the body to fight infections. Pistachios, in a nut shell give you the most bang for your buck! (Pun intended)
|Dietary fiber||2.0 gram|
These gluten-free bites can be snacked on worry free anytime, but they’re especially great when you need a spike in your energy levels. A delectable mix of dried blueberries, dried cranberries, dried strawberries and tart cherries, it is the ideal snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. Being high in dietary fiber, you can easily substitute it for your not-so-healthy energy bar!
Shh don’t tell anyone we told you this.
|Dietary fiber||8.85 gram|
Made by partially dehydrating fresh cranberries, dried cranberries , sweet and sour naturally make for an incredibly tasty and healthy nibble. Loaded with antioxidants, these power packed, tiny bites increase your metabolism, improve your heart health and immune system.
An excellent addition to salads, cookies, muffins and breads, they can be enjoyed as a sweet and sour snack as well!
|Dietary fiber||5.1 gram|
For a surprise burst of flavor, try our delicious strawberry infused dried cranberries. Add ‘em to your sandwiches, sprinkle them on your salads or use them to beautify your cakes, the possibilities are endless!
Health freaks need not worry as they are a good source of fiber and are laden with antioxidants and vitamins.
|Dietary fiber||4.81 gram|
Known as the “King of nuts” because of the rare and powerful antioxidants present, a few walnuts eaten everyday can give you life long benefits! Anti-inflammatory, heart healthy and effective against diabetes, there is so much more to this powerhouse of healthy goodness. Eating walnuts slows down ageing, is good for the gut and excellent for your brain health!
Add ‘em to your cakes and bakes or to your salads as a healthy, crunchy garnish. Our walnuts are sourced from the world best walnut growing areas of Chile.
|Dietary fiber||3.44 gram|
Rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, a handful of raisins can instantly boost your energy! Our pickled variant is a twist on this naturally sweet dried fruit and is made with traditional Indian spices that are used to enhance the natural flavor.
Raisins keep your bones strong, boost your iron levels and aid in digestion, with so many health benefits. Go Nuts suggests indulging in this snack without a twinge of guilt.
|Dietary fiber||4.0 gram|
Bored of the same ol’ roasted nuts? Go Nuts has an enticing snack for the brave hearted! Sweet and sublime, dried cranberries pickled with traditional Indian spices. Yep, this one is good for you too.
Dried cranberries are an excellent source of antioxidants and are high in dietary fiber, supporting your overall health and well being. So, munch on fearlessly!
|Dietary fiber||5.1 gram|